In a dry and weary land where there is little available surface water, underground water resources are critical to sustaining human and animal populations. Given that 45 % of the population of Burkina Faso has no access to clean water, and 1 out of 7 existing wells are broken down, STREAMS works to improve clean water access by coming alongside of the church and community members to rehabilitate broken down wells and, at times, drill new water wells; thus improving water access and water quality. Water-related illnesses are still the number one cause of death among children 0 to 5 years of age in this nation. By partnering with faith-based, non-governmental organizations in the USA, like Living Water International and The Water Project, STREAMS demonstrates the love of God through a ministry of water and the Word impacting the lives of thousands of people on a daily basis.
- Collaborate with all governmental agencies and policies within the water sector, while utilizing the best use practices of development.
Identify key points where there is a lack of clean water access for a given population in a village.
- Work in conjunction with the local church and their influence in the village to realize a greater spiritual impact of helping people come to know the True God and His Son, Jesus Christ.
- Install only the highest quality of materials and pursue standards of excellence so that these projects will be long lasting. “If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing right.”
- Maintain a program of monitoring, evaluating, reporting and maintenance of each project by teaching and equipping locally elected water well user committees with the goal of never having a pump break down again thus ending the water crisis. Preventative maintenance and regular community contributions are vital to keeping the water flowing.
- Teach a comprehensive program of health and hygiene lessons so that clean water is not only realized at the well, but also at the point of consummation in the home. Clean water and good hygiene save lives!
- Whatever we do, wherever we go…do it all in the name of Jesus…to show His love and to glorify God!
Stories of How Our Water for the Thirsty Program Has Changed Lives: (coming soon)